Lately I have not been able to finish reading a book (at least not one in the adult section of the library). I have even been having difficulty starting books. This truly bothers me because I LOVE to read. I think it is a mixture of things right now. First of all I have a baby. She is seven almost eight months old. She is sitting up now though she is still spitting up a couple times a day. She certainly loves her mama. I am holding her now and typing one handed. This little cutie has made reading very difficult. I usually read AT LEAST 30 min every day but with the one particularly needy child it has been hard to carve out this time.
Secondly, I have just discovered Heart of Dakota. I have been debating whether to homeschool my girls on and off for awhile now. Financially, even with all the "free" homeschool help, we just knew it was not possible. But God has truly blessed us with better finances though we are not monetarily rich, we are in a much better place. Heart of Dakota is budget friendly AND not confusing or time consuming. It looks AMAZING and I can't wait to get started. I have to order every piece one at a time, which is about one book or resource a week and I am getting impatient to start. So every time I get a chance to read I end up looking through the catalog to see what I am able to order the next week. I am getting so excited about teaching!
Thirdly, I usually make a book list and I have really been convicted of reading junky things. I can usually read my way through some crazy stuff, but I am getting older. I just want to read good books now. I hope I can find them because many of the "classics" are not cutting it. Here is to hoping I will fall in love with reading again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Mother's Day was the 12th. I am plum tuckered out. We spent Saturday doing more things than we usually do in an entire month, I think...
No comments:
Post a Comment