Scripture-
Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Observation-
Words are what we say. Deeds are what we do. EVERYTHING Paul is continually telling the Colossians to be thankful. I wonder why. Maybe they had been ungrateful. Maybe they needed constant reminders. Maybe they complained a lot. I am not sure we know, but I never realized this theme so clearly before.
Application-
I need to be thankful for the little things and the big things. In word or deed and everything I do should be done in the name of Jesus. I don't know if it is more complicated than that. I guess I am not very good at stretching out my Bible study sometimes. I know that I, personally, have a baby crying to get up and I sometimes want to leave her crying for a just a few minutes to get my study done. I am thankful that I have a baby even if she is fussing. I am thankful for dirty kitchen because that means we are well fed. I am thankful that I am sitting on a couch practically covered in baby dolls because that means I have daughters displaying a nurturing spirit either that or they wanted to creep me out for Halloween a little early at 5:30am- but still I am thankful. I will speak with love. I will work hard in the name of Christ.
Prayer-
Dear God, Help me do and say the right things in your name. I want to thank you for my family- the husband who loves to watch TV, play video games sometimes in excess, but willingly and courageously provides for us, my girls who fight and complain but are learning your Word, and for cute babies who are not always so cute at 2am. Help me serve them. Help me serve them by doing EVERYTHING in your name, Jesus.

2 comments:
Love your honest prayer, it is hard to be thankful in some moments of mommyhood, and yet that is what is asked of us. To be thankful. It's a life lesson...
Marissa
http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com
Your girls and blog is precious! Your a great mom and wife! Hugs to you today :)
Post a Comment