Thursday, November 20, 2014

Long Time No See

Just a quick update.  I have started watching a boy at our home before and after school.  He is in Ariana's afternoon Kindergarten class and goes to our church.  It is nice to have a little extra money, but it has not been easy.  I have had to come up with a system so they wouldn't sit around and watch TV all day or try to play with each other and it ends up with a ton of fighting.  So I created a morning and afternoon bucket in which I write down thing that need to get done.  Technically these are things that should get done every day but we rarely get 2 or 3 or these things done a day, but I try not to get too worked up about it.  The beauty of the bucket is that I do not get blamed for choosing the activity- the bucket gets blamed.  Plus they get excited about doing the fun things in the bucket too.

Here is a sample of the activities:

Morning-
  • Dishes/Kitchen Clean up
  • Laundry
  • Crafts
  • Reading
  • Baking/Cooking
  • SPECIAL Chore
Afternoon-

  • 15 Minute Pick Up in Living Room
  • Clean Bedrooms
  • Homework
  • Reading
  • AWANA/Good News Club 
  • Take out Trash
  • Exercise/Outside Games
  • Journaling
  • SPECIAL Chore
It isn't perfect but it does give me the feeling of being productive at times plus it MAKES everyone work together.  You leave them alone or unsupervised and they make a complete mess.  Sometimes I can't always watch the 2-year old, but like I said it isn't perfect.

Also I have a cold coming on so I really didn't want to do any chores today, but we got clean bedrooms (2 times), journaling, trash, and SPECIAL chore (which ended up being mopping).  So we got SOMETHING done even if it wasn't much.

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...