Friday, January 9, 2015

My Reading List 2015 and Homemaking Snippets

This is my FAVORITE part of the New Year- writing out my reading list for the year.  Last year was so very random with two kids in school and adding child care to the mix plus being overwhelmed by all the things I wanted to read but having a very difficult time being realistic.  But this year will be so very different.  I am not reading fluff this year.  There is nothing wrong with these types of book but in my season and for my focus it requires something deeper and more challenging.  I got some help from The Thankful Homemaker in creating this list.  I decided to keep it to a realistic 1 book a month.  If I get a few extra in especially during the summer that will just be a bonus.  So here we go...




Ester Ried by Isabella Alden





The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson




The Gospel Commission by Michael Horton


 The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis



Twelve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur


Girls Gone Wise In A World Gone Wild by Mary A. Kassian



Knowing God by J.I. Packer

The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs


For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay


Crazy Busy by Kevin DeYoung


Discipline: The Glad Surrender by Elisabeth Elliot


The Battle for the Beginning by John MacArthur

and/or- if it is Christmas Time I think I would really like to go through this book possibly as a family


O Come All Ye Faithful: Hymns of Adoration and Joy to Celebrate His Birth by John MacArthur and various others


Now that it is all in front me and out there for everyone to see I believe I will be able to stick with it.  Usually I write them down and end up deviating half way through- trying to make a change.  

Homemaking Snippet Update

  • Made slow cooker bone broth for the first time, and pretty much stuck with the meal plan
  • Started family devotions using God's Story and Me and made a family prayer bucket
  • Today I signed up with the group Baby Steps to Healthy Living- this is a slight deviation from homemaking, but I am letting the Spirit lead- I will be reading from this Series
  • Lastly, I am not sure if I want to add this or not but I just discovered so many resources and challenges here- it is a nice thought but I don't know if it is realistic.  
What are YOU  reading this year?  I always love to hear about what others are reading.  Have a great week!

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...