Today I am doing a ramble. I am going to write without overthinking until my timer goes off on the topic of LOVE....queue the song....
I find myself today with a topic I am not really interested in rehashing. I have sat in many a Bible Study and under many a preacher trying to give the definition of love.
This clip cuts out Lily (or was it Robin?) blowing a raspberry and doing a thumbs down, but still I have to be honest- it is how I feel about this topic. I am not upset because I don't feel loved or have some tragic story about my past. I felt very loved. I had a wonderful childhood. I am just tired of this topic. It is talked about so much that it has lost itself. The English language has got to be the poorest of all the languages in even giving us an understanding of what love is.
If I am to understand my Bible- God is love. But when I say, "I love you." or "I love ice cream" am I really saying "I God you?" or "I God ice cream?" Makes no sense. I am sure it doesn't really work like that in any language. I have to understand the original context.
I think we can agree that the word itself is complex because of the layers.
I love certain things- all kinds of food, books, bookstores, libraries, movies, cross stitching, flowers, coffee, mugs, etc....but obviously don't love my family or other people the same way.
I am getting so distracted. This isn't my thing for sure. Love ,to me, is more of a choice then the world wants us to believe. Am I the only one who doesn't have these huge emotional bonds to someone or something? I figure love must be inside of me and if I love someone or something you would most certainly be able to tell.
Love is sacrifice. Love can be easy and it can be hard. It can be the fuzzy feelings and can be the intense feelings. It is just so many things it hurts to think about. That must be why I didn't want to write about it this morning. I don't want to do the hard thing and dig into myself. I don't want those intense feelings. They can take over to the point where you don't feel in control. I need the control. We all need to have a certain amount of self-control, but with love I think some people think it is a free for all.
Sex is not love. I hope you know that. I can't tell if this is a problem or not. Just thought I would get this out there.
I can't keep this up for much longer. I am not a smart woman (yes, I am stealing from Forrest Gump) but I do know that love is a devotion and dedication to someone or something that can change your life.
Yours Truly,
L.L.
No comments:
Post a Comment