Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Car


With great happiness I type that I got about 10 hours of sleep last night.  Lucy has been repeatedly waking up at night.  She could be teething or getting a cold in any case it is not fun.  It is especially not fun on school nights.  The other night I only slept for about 3 hours because I was too afraid that if I did fall back to sleep I would never be able to wake up again to take Hermione to school.  That day I knew was not going to be good any way because of the car.

Poor car!  It is dying a slow death.  The steering has gone bad and repairs will cost over 400.  But here is the improvement on the situation- I did not cry about it!  This may not seem like such a big deal to the rest of you but it is such a big deal for me.  I use to be emotional about things like this especially as a teenager.  It took me a long time to realize that something is ALWAYS going to break or be in the process of being fixed.  It use to throw my whole day off.  Although it did throw my whole day I didn't freak out and I felt God in control of the whole situation.  I was able to take full direction from my husband, which was completely freeing even though I am scared to death of all that money being put into this car.  Thank goodness for wonderful people around and the auto shop in walking distance.

So I guess we have no grocery money for the month, but hopefully a fixed car.  We will be living on buttered noodles and beans & rice though I did get our meat so we have about 3 meals worth of round steak.  I am counting down the days till next pay day.   What I am worried about most is running out of diapers!!!!  I feel like such a taker from all the kindness of others, which I am not afraid to admit I need but am starting to feel a little guilty.  Am I having a pity party?  Yeah, probably, but at least it isn't an emotional fit. 


16

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...