Invisible, it means not visible, not perceptible to the eye. You are withdrawn from sight. You are hidden. You are not discernible to the mind.
In the book Words by Ginny L. Yttrup, Kaylee attempt to be invisible to her abuser by not speaking. Have circumstances in your life ever made you wish you were invisible? How did you deal with that?
I, personally, have a lot of anxiety. I don't have the confidence I wish I had. I often want to be invisible. In many ways I am invisible. I don't have many friends. I tend to get embarrassed FOR people who are performing. I am not sure why, but I do. Every time I gave a speech in college I wished to be invisible. I remember reading in another book about a girl who wanted to be invisible and the author described her as looking at a crack through the floor and wishing she could fall through it. I, honestly, don't deal with it. I leave as many situations as possible when I feel like I want to be invisible.
Do you have a story where you wanted to be invisible? How do you deal with it?
Monday, September 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Mother's Day was the 12th. I am plum tuckered out. We spent Saturday doing more things than we usually do in an entire month, I think...
No comments:
Post a Comment