Saturday, September 7, 2013

Why Clean?




I am participating in the 31 Days to Clean Challenge by Sara Mae at an ultra slow snail pace because I can and because that is about as good as it gets from me right now.  First things first is to create a mission statement as to why I want a clean home.  Make it specific, find a place to write it down, and then frame it.  A personal note to self- don't over think it!

Mary Challenge:

~WHY CLEAN?~ 
 A clean house reflects God
It reflects His order, His love, His protection
God is a God of peace
A peaceful house is one 
where we can find things without confusion
God is a God of love
A loving house is one
where we can feel hospitable without apology
God is a shield and hedge around us
A safe house is one
where we do not fear (as best we can)
germs, tripping over toys, and unpleasant
odors and accidents that can occur
in a house that is not
CLEAN


 Martha Challenge: Make a list of all the supplies needed to complete the challenges in the future.  

-Baking Soda (usually on hand)
-Bucket (check)
-Sponges 
-Pledge 
-Dish/Wash Rags
-Lemon
-Windex
-Find out a way to best clean blinds that are VERY large
-Swiffer Wet Jet Mop
-Dust Buster or small vacuum of some kind
-Pick flowers or get some fake flowers to brighten the kitchen (I prefer fake because of all the maintenance of the real ones)
-Mr. Clean/Febreze cleaner, or any all purpose cleaner that smells nice, ANYTHING but Pine-sol would probably work
-Wood floor cleaner
-Steam Cleaner
-New Bedding for ALL
-First Aid Kit supplies and Cold Medicine supplies
-Bathroom Cleaner
-Create a home office or office area
-Drano

Good thing I am taking this slow- wow!  I don't think I could get or afford half of those things in only a month.  God is gracious and will bless this project no matter what the speed.  This will be hard work but a good challenge.   


No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...