Friday, February 27, 2015

A Week of Weeks

It feels like it has been much longer than just one week since last I made a post and homemaking goals have not been on the top of my priority list.  Between my husband's grandmother's memorial service, spring pictures, spring wardrobe ordering (I have been saving my money like a miser), lent challenges/pictures, remembering to take time to acknowledge all my families' February birthdays, plus life in general I have been wiped out.  I don't know where to begin.  This post is actually going to contain a lot of confession and strengthening my emotional muscles.

  • Mourning-  God's gift to me has been to be married into a family with a lot of love, a sprinkle of awkward, and a dash of crazy.  My own family isn't all that different, but it is nice to know we are not alone.  We all mourn in our own personal way and that became abundantly clear this week.  Grandma Ruth's passing reminded us all of this fact.  I never got to know her as well as I hoped, but am certain she is with our Heavenly Father.  She was loving.  She was genuine.  It was always so beautiful to see her holding great grand babies.  I remember playing cards with her.  I remember visiting her on Halloween to show her the great grand kids costumes.  She will be missed, but is in a better place.  
    "I will listen to what God the LORD says; He promises peace to His people, His faithful servants."  Psalm 85:8
  • Confession-  I failed semi-miserably on my no sugar fasting.  I had a drop in my blood sugar on Wednesday from eating too much white bread so I over compensated by eating too many cookies.  It was a matter of health but I still felt like a failure.  This is a tricky balance for my reactive hypoglycemia.  Time to make a fresh start today. God's grace is with me.  
  • Leaving you with my week in pictures:
LENT
Spiritual Longing- my prayer for Lent Psalm 5:3-8

Forty- for the days of Lent.  Here is our special prayer box with 40 prayers and scripture.

Empty- our envelope for a special offering for Easter with hope to fill it.

Desert- may we all find renewed dependence on God when go into the desert.

Community- (AWANA)  remember those around you and reach out with the love of God.

Place of Healing- the church were we had Grandma Ruth's service had a beautiful stained glass cross so appropriate on a day we all were seeking healing for the sorrow in our hearts.
FAMILY
Sparky Drive-in- cardboard train

Preschool- learning numbers!

School Project

CROSS STITCH UPDATE
Sorry, it looks like a pig taking a whiz but I promise that is not what it is!

Hope things slow down a little bit next week.  I miss reading and cooking.  It is not too late to join me in the Lenten photo challenge.  I would love to see your photos! 




  

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...