Thursday, February 19, 2015

Three Gifts That Were Plan Bs

I am not a planner.  I like to think I am.  In fact, I use to walk around with a planner like it was attached to me, but the only reason I did that was to try to act responsible.  And as I got older I noticed people had VERY specific plans while mine were vague and basically just wishes, but my inner gut pretty much told me to be ready for anything.  I like to think of every possible out come of situations but that doesn't mean much if I don't take action.  Any way... this Joy Dare was especially challenging for someone who doesn't really have a Plan A to begin with.  But these were the ones I came up with.  Sorry if they are not deep enough for you.

 
Living in Oregon had kinda been a plan B.  My original sorta plan was to go to college in Oregon and either go to California or back to Idaho and become a teacher.  I really didn't think much about the how or why or what.  I had assumed I just wasn't sticking around after college.  No one I knew did unless they had family around.  But now I can't imagine being any where else!  I LOVE Oregon.  I met my husband here.  I got married and started my family here.  Plus I always thought Oregon really fits my personality.  It has its traditional moments but is totally crazy and quirky in its own way- just like me.  And it is just the most friendly and helpful place I have ever been.  If I have a say in it I don't think I will leaving any time soon.

I thought about putting a picture of my pile of old school loans, but I think this visual is even better.  I don't think anyone's plan B is to count pennies.  It is hard to live pay check to pay check.  I know there are more people than myself doing this and I don't want to bring any one down if I can help it, but the reality is I DO have to count pennies at the end of the month sometimes or just to have enough money to buy a birthday present at the dollar store so that my kids have a present to give someone at parties or for diapers.  We never go hungry- praise God.  I try to keep it in perspective and God keeps me humble.  It reminds me of my total dependance on Him and now I can say thank you for the pennies.

Okay, this is where it gets a little silly.  Coffee is my Plan B because my parents drank a lot of coffee.  I thought it was gross.  My plan was to not do anything like my parents so Plan A was drink hot cider or hot chocolate.  But then I discovered how wonderful it is and now I know why parents have to drink it- to keep alive.  Also this particular coffee maker is also a Plan B because my wonderful husband keeps buying French Presses and I keep breaking them.   I will just stick with this one for now.  The gift of coffee- it truly is a gift. 


No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...