Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter- A week of Finishing and New Beginnings

Lententide is over but Easter has just begun.  It is slightly bitter sweet but also I feel very accomplished.  I finished my photo project, two books, and renewed my prayer life.  What grace I was able to receive!  I messed up- a lot.  There were many days when I wondered why I was even trying and why I had tried to make such a tough commitment.  I feel like I am better prepared for next year though.  Meals were a big, tough problem.  It was a much bigger problem then it should have been.  The sugar fast was kind of all over place.  I had too many health problems.  I was so selfish about my detox during spring break I let the housework go, which was very bad for my mental and spiritual health.

Darkness-





Hallelujah- 
  


Easter was exhausting fun.  Ariana said it was the best Easter ever!  Grandma helped get the girls ready for Resurrection Sunday.  I try to get them some new dresses every year, but this year it seemed a bit redundant because we had so many beautiful hand me downs.  Lucy got a new dress and a new hat.  I actually didn't feel bad about breaking my neck to set out fancy Easter baskets full of gifts for the girls.  We eat too much candy and my girls don't "really" need anything any way.  Turned out great because Grandma bought them plenty of gifts.  I was tired, but I am pretty much tired all the time- life of a mom I guess.

Easter Sunday Best
 

Egg Hunt Ready



Emerson
Malachi
Found one!

Ariana
Iris

Hermione
Ruby



Now is the beginnings part of my post!  I started a new devotional- The Heart of Praise.  I am looking forward to reading the Psalms.  I wish I had someone to share the journey with, but as with most things at my time in life is not allowing me much interaction with others.  Everyone is already so busy and I can't think of anyone willing to come a long with me.  Guess I am feeling a little sorry for myself- another thing to add to my prayer life.  I began a big chunk of gardening.  That felt great.  I am hoping for a good return on my investment.  It is hard to beat fresh tomatoes with basil pesto.  I put in some broccoli, blueberry bushes, beans, strawberries, lettuce, and some carrot seeds.  There is still so much to do!  God has been doing wonders with the weather.  I am a wimp when it comes to gardening in the rain and in Oregon specifically in the Willamette Valley this can be a real problem.  It has been sunny at all the right times and rained at all the right times.  Praise God! 

There isn't going to much of a break for me this month.  I was surprised to not have to baby-sit today because my charge is sick, but it was nice to have a break and get a nap.  Because of the gardening Lucy and I have been taking a preschool break, but I think we will do preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I have no idea what else is in store, but hoping for direction soon. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your kids are so sweet! And starting a garden sounds like so much fun(a lot of work, but fun still. :) Good luck with it!

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...