Between my oldest having some emotional problems at school (I have been called to pick her up for three school days in a row), the Internet being a little sketchy, having zero energy to deal with all the complaining, breaking the slow cooker, no concrete budget, and the car making a funny noise my anxiety levels have hit the limit. This was just a week where I had to concentrate on me and my grown up responsibilities. I ignored all the fighting, complaining, and mess. I can't explain it exactly but I couldn't waste my energy or expectations on the kids or others for that matter.
So I don't have any fun pictures this week and if I said the things I was thinking I would be in big trouble. I keep taking deep breaths, trying to do one small thing at a time, not get discouraged, and cry out to God no matter how horrible I feel. I can push through this set back. I have a lot encouragement from other moms, blogs, and my husband.
If you want to know what I DID do this week, it is a little more encouraging then it would at first appear. I watched The Book Thief which I absolutely LOVED. I cross stitched for about 2 hours. I kept the kitchen clean. I cleaned out the fridge. I read the Bible at breakfast and dinner to the kids and I didn't care if they were listening or not, but I did it. And my three year old called me beautiful and put her hands on my face and said, "Aren't you so proud of me? I can go potty by myself, ride my bike, and swing!!!" Now I know it was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Guess who is coming to visit today? My mother-in-law. And guess whose house is an absolute mess? Mine. Yup, I feel great...that is sarc...
No comments:
Post a Comment