According to my husband I have now officially read my first comic book- so go me! I got this one from the teens graphic novel section after typing in the library search- Avengers. I think this was the 5th result.
This was probably a very good first choice for me but what do I know- I know nothing about comic books. I just loved all the characters so that was a great first start. This one also included Spider Woman, although it was a small role, I was happy to see another female character.
So from what I could gather the story includes time travel, Kang, Ultron, Thor's daughter, and a future bearded Hulk and plenty of sound affects. It seemed pretty basic- bad guy sends message from future, what if it is a trick, break the timeline, talk to future selves, go back in time, and almost save the world- except that the end had a twist that I couldn't quite figure out but I think that is because of the time travel element. I don't know if I have access the rest of this series but as I said a good start for me.
My favorite line was of course from Hawkeye because, you know, it is Hawkeye.
"You know people never stay calm when you ask them to stay calm."- Spider Woman
"What the h--l else am I supposed to say? 'Everybody mess your pants?'" -Hawkeye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Guess who is coming to visit today? My mother-in-law. And guess whose house is an absolute mess? Mine. Yup, I feel great...that is sarc...

No comments:
Post a Comment