Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Ws of the Avengers, My Personal Story Concerning this Fandom

Who are the Avengers?

To me, the Avengers are a group of superheroes, earth's mightiest heroes if you will, who make an excellent team and must overcome their own pasts, mistakes, and ambitions.  Now of course you can Google all of this and learn MUCH MUCH more than I would be willing to type about, but this is just a personal narrative.  My favorite Avenger from the movies is Thor aka Chris Hemsworth.  I don't know if this comes as a surprise or not but I love the look and especially the accent.  My favorite cartoon Avenger is Hawkeye.  I love bows and arrows, and just like me, he is HILARIOUS.  When I took a quiz on "Which Avenger Are You"  I got Hawkeye.  I love archery.  Since I am not exactly well versed in back story or original cannon I am not sure if Scarlet Witch is an Avenger but I sure to do love that woman's style.  There is Iron Man- billionaire scientist, Hulk of green man  and anger fame (who I still think needs to be included in that picture of Kermit and Yoda because it is obviously NOT easy to be green), Captain America who is always ready for a 4th of July party/parade, Black Widow who just  rocks, and I guess you could count Agent Coulson and Nick Fury- but for April will try to stick with the ones mentioned in the fandom box (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and for a reason I assume I will learn about latter Spiderman).  Yes, I am aware that Spiderman is part of the Marvel Universe but in the movies has not made an appearance because of rights to the character I believe.

Any way, Avengers are awesome.  I am so excited to watch more of the cartoons now that we have streaming Netflix plus so many other awesome things.

What do we (I) currently own that shows Avengers love?

We have both Avengers movies and I think two Iron Man moves.  We have an air freshener in the car with the Captain America's symbol on it.  Plus my husband dressed up as Captain America for Halloween (he wore the "suit" that doubled as a sweatshirt) but he had to borrow the shield from our neighbor.

In our bedroom my husband recently framed an Avengers poster/comic.  I also noticed a Black Widow comic among his collection and it is quite possible there are more Avengers comics among them but I don't want to rifle through the whole collection.  I guess my husband is more of a fan than I am but still- I can leech off his fandom- that is what being married is about, right?  

When did I become a fan of the Avengers?

There are fandoms that you totally remember the moment it connected with you, but I don't really remember when I became a fan of the Avengers.  It was most likely when I went to the theater to see Thor back in 2011.  How could you NOT be a fan of Chris Hemsworth?  But to be honest I am not a big comic book fan so I think it will be a great geeky adventure to try one out this month.  I still have SO many medians to watch and read to catch up, which leads me to my next question....

Where can I find the Avengers?
Well first of all the comic books would the most obvious, original source, but I will most likely not invest in buying those.  I did find some books available at the library which I may review in the future.  I have seen the movies multiple times, but what I really need to catch up on are the television shows.  I LOVE Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and I can't wait to watch Agent Carter.  I still have not seen the Iron Movies which is a real shame because I know we actually own 2 of them.  I am still looking for a good fan site but for now the Marvel Universe one will have to do- it has a great charter for the order for watching.  

How much do I love the Avengers?
I couldn't think of a creative way to "rate" these fandoms especially since the one thing I can NOT stand in geek culture is how much complaining seems to be done.  Nothing ever seems to be good enough.  I am pretty easy to please so I get pretty excited when things are just slightly related to the fandom.  I will just keep it simple- on a scale of 1-10  I give Avengers an 8.  One point for each original Avenger from the Movies: Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye plus one point for Nick Furry and one extra point for all the villians/enemies that they must defeat.  I might give it a 10 after I get sucked into Agent Carter but I am SO excited!!  See you after review something from the fandom...


No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...