Friday, June 3, 2016

SHERlocked


Theme for June:  Sherlock!!!  I am excited as always to start a new theme.  I am always messing around with a method that will work.  My motto should be- "Lower your expectations- then do it again and then do it one more time, then have a cup of tea and stuff the expectations in a rubbish bin because too bad, luv, it probably won't happen at all like you planned."  So THIS time I broke down and wrote out a list so that pretty much ANYONE who has 2 leisure hours a day can participate.  But first the Ws:

Who created Sherlock Holmes?  Why, Arthur Conan Doyle, of course!!!  But this month's theme is actually more focused on the recent TV show which, according to imdb, was created by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat.  All, of whom, I am not overly familiar with.

Where can I find Sherlock Holmes?  A better question would be- where CAN'T you find Sherlock Holmes?  He got his start as a character in books and short stories and now he is in plays, radio dramas, films, TV shows, and games.  

When did I become a Sherlock fan?  Basically after the second season of Sherlock came out at the library- probably just a couple years ago when I started crushing on Benedict Cumberbatch who I learned about from my husband and the newer Star Trek: Into the Darkness.  I never read the books.  Not that I was never interested in reading them just never got around to it.  I LOVE mysteries but I am horrible at solving and speculating!  I am worse then a 3 year old.  I have so little imagination it is embarrassing- you will see.  I have read Nancy Drews and Fluke books- nice, cheesy, fun mysteries, but not serious stuff like Sherlock.

What do I have that shows my Sherlock love?  Since I haven't been a fan for very long I haven't collected much.  BUT how awesome was it that at the Scottish Auction Christmas Party in 2013 our church hosts every year my present was a complete collection of the Sherlock Holmes books!!!  I have wanted to read them since then for sure!  I have watched the first and second season of Sherlock which I got on a bit of whim from the library and just LOVED it.

How much do I love Sherlock Holmes? (on a scale of 1-10)  10 for Sherlock the show!!  Benedict Cumberbatch is just...so...BRILLIANT.  I am sure I will love the books, too, but I certainly will not have time to read it much if at all this month as you will see in my plan.

Why is the Sherlock Holmes fandom so awesome?  They are witty and thinkers.  It is full of mystery and intrigue.  He is a detective who is so smart and gets to solve crimes.  We want to be like that.  We want to live through him without being in mortal danger ourselves.  Plus his partnership with Watson is great to observe.  What fun!!

 

Now for the plan!

25 Days of Sherlock

As of right now Sherlock is available for streaming on Netflix (I was also able to find it from my local library) so if YOU yes YOU want to participate with me I would LOVE a friend.  Don't feel pressured to review them but if you have your own blog it would be fun to read each others perspectives.  I have already watched the first and second season but I actually would like to watch it again and review them- so yah!  I will officially start Monday, June 6.

Day 1- Sherlock: Watch and Review Season 1 Episode 1 "A Study in Pink"
Day 2- Watch and Review Episode 2 "The Blind Baker"
Day 3- Watch and Review Episode 3 "The Great Game"
Day 4- Watch and Review Season 2 Episode 1 "A Scandal in Belgravia"
Day 5- Watch and Review Episode 2 "The Hounds of Baskerville"
Day 6- Cross Stitch your something Sherlocky (optional activities: listen to a Sherlock audio book or violin music)
Day 7- Picture of yourself in Sherlock headband from Fandom of the Month

Day 8- Sherlock: Watch and Review Season 2 Episode 3 "The Reichenbach Fall"
Day 9- (Flag Day) In honor of flag day and the quintessential British Detective Jamberry your nails with the Union Jack
Day 10- Watch and Review Season 3 Episode 1 "The Empty Hearse"
Day 11- Watch and Review Episode 2 "The Sign of Three"
Day 12- Watch and Review Episode 3 "His Last Vow"
Day 13- Cross Stitch your something Sherlocky (optional activities: listen to a Sherlock audio book or violin music)
Day 14- (Father's Day- I am not sure I can tie in Father's Day to Sherlock but I will let you know if I do!) Picture of yourself with Sherlock necklace from FOTM

Day 15- Watch "Sherlock Uncovered: The Return" and Review
Day 16- Watch "Sherlock Uncovered: The Women" and Review
Day 17- Watch "Sherlock Uncovered: The Villains" and Review
Day 18- Sherlock Watch "The Abominable Bride"  and Review
Day 19- Read Adventures of Sherlock Holmes "A Scandal in Bohemia" Part 1 and Review
Day 20- Cross Stitch your something Sherlocky (optional activities: listen to a Sherlock audio book or violin music)
Day 21- Picture of yourself with Sherlock earrings from FOTM

(I will not likely be able to do reviews from this point on for awhile because I will be on vacation)
Day 22- "A Scandal in Bohemia" Part 2
Day 23- "A Scandal in Bohemia" Part 3
Day 24- "The Read Headed League"
Day 25- "A Case of Identity"

Other optional activities: play the Facebook Game Sherlock Holmes: Lost Detective, read A Study in Scarlet, collect Sherlock memes...it is endless really but I wanted a special schedule that could actually work and wasn't crazy expensive.

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...