Friday, November 25, 2016

Well it took a long time....

Happy Day after Thanksgiving!  Or as I like to call it pajama day and/or I am totally okay with eating leftovers all day and never cooking again day!!!  I don't like to shop not even online because of all the overwhelming choices.  But guess who did pretty much all the Christmas shopping?- MY AMAZING HUSBAND!!!  I may not be the most enthusiastic person in the world but that was one huge weight off my shoulders so I have to find a way to thank him.

I didn't take any Thanksgiving pictures, but I am tired of trying so hard sometimes which is one of the reasons I took up this Happiness Challenge to begin with.  This is something for me- if others in my family want to join in great but I am tired of telling people what to do and how I want things done because it will never be the way I truly want it and I need to let it go.  I know I sound a little dramatic right now but the struggle is real, people.

But I would like to share the room I FINALLY rearranged.  Between being a little under the weather and all the Thanksgiving cooking it took a while but I do have a before and after picture to share with you.


BEFORE



AFTER


It is by no means perfect but it is clean and I am in here typing away.  It honestly feels like a little sanctuary. It desperately needs a rug and wall decor but right now, to me, it is gorgeous and I feel relieved and accomplished.  I threw away about 3 bags of trash and broken toys from this room alone.  I almost gave up on this challenge when the light burnt out but I sacrificed my reading lamp to get this done.  Not bad!

Next bit of news- we are only two days away from the Advent season.  I will be participating as I have in the past with Busted Halo's Advent Calendar and the Instadvent photo prompts.  I will be planning to post a SHORT post every day because I prefer posting here then on Facebook.  I am going to use FB still but keep it extremely light.  As Advent begins if I am able to feel connected with my family I will reevaluate the need for FB.  I am so embarrassed for all my family and close friends who insist on sharing so much fake news.

The next happiness challenge is Start a Gratitude Journal which I am very excited about but I am not sure when I will be able to share with you all in the business of the season.  But check in when you have time or just spend time with you own family  Next time you visit the blog should look a little more Christmasy.  Wish you could see my face!!!  SQUEEE!!!  I am feeling the Christmas spirit.  

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...