Saturday, July 22, 2017

Half Way Point Summer 2017

Dearest Reader,

Well....here we are.  I just wanted to send you a quick note because I love you and I want to let you know I am alive.  I have been busy but....mostly busy being lazy!  I have been to Women's Camp, a funeral, a concert, and been binge watching Mad Men and Criminal Minds.  None of these things were Happiness Challenge specific- especially not the funeral which was one of the hardest things I have had to witness.  It was for a friend's 6 year old little boy who was killed by a semi-truck.  An unimaginable, parent's worst nightmare situation.  To be honest, I have been a little angry with God over it.  Every time I think about it my eyes swell with tears.  I also did not come here to write about that, though I wish I could say SOMETHING, ANYTHING to make the ache and pain and fear and anger go away for those hurting from this. 

No, I came to say I am behind on a handful of goals and that life is precious...soak it up.  I wish I could hug each and everyone of you and tell you personally how much you matter.  Any way, I will keep this short and end here.

Love,

L.L.


No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...