Dearest Reader,
What...a...trip! I was so stressed and full of anxiety and nerves that I haven't been "happy" enough to count anything on my Happiness Challenge although technically I did a bunch of stuff during this trip I am not going to count it. My stomach was mostly in knots the whole time and it didn't end exactly well but overall it was an excellent trip.
We started off in John Day. My husband ran a soccer camp/VBS. I didn't feel very helpful but it was beautiful out there and hot. It was also a wonderful bonding time with awesome people. I didn't have to cook so that was great.
My husband did amazing by the way! My kids did pretty well, but were not much into soccer.
After John Day we went to visit my parents. You might find I have a lack of pictures of my parents- oops- I bet my mom has some. We haven't visited in a long time. We haven't done it in nearly 10 years. We aren't exactly rolling in dough and getting time off is not exactly a cake walk. But we are thankful for the time we do get.
Here are some random pictures from various things we did.
My mom cooked some amazing food. My dad had fun having the kids around though he got a little sick near the end of our time together. My brother gave the kids fidget spinners! That is a good uncle. My sister came around to hang out and bought s'more stuff- yum. So it was good.
How has the start of your summer been? I need to get back into reading and writing and finding my Happiness- btw the car made it!
Yours truly,
L.L.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Mother's Day was the 12th. I am plum tuckered out. We spent Saturday doing more things than we usually do in an entire month, I think...
No comments:
Post a Comment