Friday, September 14, 2018

Bookworms Blog Prompt

Grab the nearest book.  Open it and go to the tenth word.  Do a Google Image Search of the word.  Write about what the image brings to mind. 

Dear Reader, 

The book that was closest to me today was the ESV Gospel of John and the 10th word was- WAS if I skip the Introduction because I usually do.  If I don't skip the introduction the 10th word is- BIOGRAPHICAL.  And just to make this a little more interesting the 10th word in the book I am currently reading which is the 3rd book in the Left Behind series called Nicolae is- DISAPPEARANCES. 

Here is the picture I got for WAS.

I guess this picture brings to mind school and all the language classes I took.  I was a bit of a slow learner and not until my Senior year did I even understand what it meant to conjugate a verb.  I don't think my French teacher was a very good teacher, but he was a fun guy.  I learned how to conjugate in Latin class though.  This picture is funny though because I don't know exactly what is going on.  Is the boy with the basketball thinking about when he was young because he sees an old lady with a walker?  I don't know.  I am a little confused.  Moving on....

The first picture I got for BIOGRAPHICAL...

This image brings to mind- BORING.  This is a boring picture.  It isn't even a picture so much as just the word spelled out on a blue background.  So I am going to put my favorite picture from the first line of the image search.

I LOVE IT!  This is so narcissistic and the first thing that come to mind about this picture is me in college.  I was so self absorbed.  I was not a very good person or a good friend for that matter.  I wasn't straight up evil or anything just completely into myself.  I had a lot to learn about life and I am so glad for how I have grown and changed- at least I think and HOPE I have.  I still have trouble with conversations and asking questions but I think I have finally made some progress.

Lastly the word DISAPPEARANCES....

I guess the first thing that comes to mind is Criminal Minds and I miss watching that show.  I am waiting to see if the next season will be available on Netflix soon.  I don't know anyone personally who has gone "missing" but I use to like reading about mysterious missing people like Amelia Earhert and watching criminal investigation shows. 

Any way that was a fun little project....but I hope I have something more interesting to write about next time because right now I haven't been doing many interesting things.  It has been pretty normal around here- do laundry, watch tv, read a book, and wash dishes and then repeat with slight variation like maybe I will read a book first and then fold the laundry. 

Hopefully the next time I write it will be a small update on how my meditations are going or on how my apple cider comes out or if I don't write for awhile it might be something from The Happiness Challenge

Regards,
L.L.


No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...