Friday, January 3, 2014
Fight- Five Min. Friday
This New Year I definitely did not want to start off feeling so negative as the title makes me feel. But fight is not all bad. In fact when I see this I immediately think of my friend Miranda Chaney. She is fighting like a girl. She has fought hard all year. She has been battling breast cancer. She deserves the trophy for most amazingly beautiful gracious and courageous person I know. I think so much about myself that it can be hard to write about others especially those who were just childhood friends, but, dear God, I am going to try this year to be less self centered. I read her blog posts, I posted her updates, I prayed for her, yet I kept feeling I was just trying to get attention through her in some weird twisted way. So as this New Year has begun and I have things slowly being checked off my to-do list let me make a goal- less about me, more about others. Fight like a girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Mother's Day was the 12th. I am plum tuckered out. We spent Saturday doing more things than we usually do in an entire month, I think...
2 comments:
This was a thoughtful post,Larissa. I enjoyed it. Yet I had the same concern as you--starting the New Year on a negative note with the word, Fight. You made it positive while I fell into the opposite track with the focus on fighters in a ring.
Blessings on your New Year,
Janis
I struggled too with how to keep fight uplifting. With friends battling cancer - they are truly fighting, in a good way. Thank you for showing me a good fight.
Post a Comment