I would be remiss if I was not able to say that I am living part of a dream I have had since I started this homemaking journey. I love home and part of living in this part of the Internet and being a Christian has been the ever present conviction to homeschool my girls. Last year one child was in 2nd grade and one was in Kindergarten at the local public school. But this school year I have the amazing privilege of teaching my middle child for 1st grade plus my youngest in preschool. I do have hopes to bring my now 3rd grader home and she has finally showed some interest, but for now- feeling so very blessed.
But blessing don't often come without some trial and set backs. For us it has been losing our laptop to whatever horrible old age diseases that causes it to just not stay on any more. I lost some of my pictures or at least the way I use to save pictures on the computer (they were in pretty nicely organized computer files if I say so myself)- most are saved on a thumb drive or still on the camera or somewhere on Facebook. I also lost a lot of ebooks but I am feeling comfort from the fact that I most likely was not going to read them. Any way, with very little budgeted for actual physical curriculum we had decided to use All in One- Easy Peasy for Bible Study, History, and Science. I panicked when the computer stopped working, but my husband had an extra one on hand- thank you God- for always providing.
In the grand scheme of things- this is all first world type problems- but still it has not been fun. Prayer for patience and just continued flexibility. I shouldn't have freaked out about the computer and erased everything. But it is what it is. I think it is time to do a weeks worth of Joy Dares to bring back perspective- Lord willing- starting on Monday and ending on Sunday. I appreciate any prayers and looking forward to getting some joy back into my writing.
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Mother's Day was the 12th. I am plum tuckered out. We spent Saturday doing more things than we usually do in an entire month, I think...
No comments:
Post a Comment