Saturday, September 5, 2015

Cramming It All In One Post

This entry will cap off the summer and my hope is to possibly return to my Friday entries (9/11/15).  If you have been following my summer at all you will discover only 5 entries.  It was a busy- but fairly non-productive summer.  NOTHING I planned came to pass.  We had a lot of family time, I had fun, and learned more about my husband and myself- it was good, but honestly I was a little let down.  I thrive off of routine and our summer was just about everything but that.  Summer raised a couple of questions for me like- how do YOU keep your summer from ruling you instead of you ruling it?  How do you keep summer intentional?  How do you communicate your needs (especially about routine and summer plans) without sounding selfish or like a dictator?  These are questions I hope to have answers to in the future but for now I will have mull over them till next year.  Maybe the answer is- STOP TRYING SO HARD.  

With introduction out of the way here is the post on camping at Crater Lake, Family Day in the Park, Corn Festival, and Hermione's birthday/Back to School Party.   

CRATER LAKE 

What a blessing to live in a state with such beauty and variety!  This is the place I would very willingly return to every summer.  Perfect trails for little ones plus ones more challenging as the kids get older, fun ranger programs, and it was so beautiful that words can't describe it quite right.  I know many people have said that- but it is total truth!  It also made me miss my dad.  Camping was totally his thing and I had to be the adult this time and I was paranoid much of the time as to whether I remembered everything or not.  But I want to do it again now that I feel I have some experience under my belt. 
 

  













 FAMILY DAY in the PARK

Unfortunately some of the wildfires followed us home and it was a very smokey hazy day in the park for our church's service.  But it was fun and such a great reminder of God's love for us.










CORN FESTIVAL

Our little town of Aumsville has a Corn Festival on the last Saturday in August.  We love getting free corn and watching the parade but this year- we were IN the parade promoting AWANA- our church's Bible club.  It was super windy and it threatened rain but it was better than walking in ninety degree heat so I took it.  The rain came later but we enjoyed the time we had out.


















HERMIONE'S BACK TO SCHOOL BIRTHDAY PARTY


We had a late birthday party for Hermione the day before school started because coming back from camping caused our house to explode with all the laundry and supplies.  It took us about a week just to get to a normal state of house.  But I thought it turned out well considering I desperately need many cake decorating lessons.

Hermione



Ariana


Lucy


8 years old- Third Grade- love this crazy girl!  Can't wait to throw her a massive Harry Potter Party next time.

HERMIONE
This girl is tough and easy, serious and hilarious all at the same time!  You can tell by the get to know you questions that she has really grown up and is very nervous being in the testing year.  She is attended Aumsville Elementary School but I am thinking of homeschooling her because she has such an impressionable heart and I pray hard for her.  We love talking books and I hope we can be great friends when she is older but for know I have to mostly be her parent.  

GET TO KNOW HER:
 
What is your favorite color?

Blue

What is your favorite toy?

Legos

What is your favorite fruit?

Plums

What is your favorite TV show/Movie?

Phineas and Ferb, Harry Potter

What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?

Pizza

What is your favorite outfit?

My Big Sis outfit- it is a pink shirt with a skirt that has flowers on it- a Easter gift from Grandma Cheri

What is your favorite game?

Card games- Go Fish

What is your favorite snack?

Yogurt

What is your favorite animal?

I don't have one any more.

What is your favorite song?

Flawless by MercyMe

What is your favorite book?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Who is your best friend?

Madison K.

What is your favorite sport?

Soccer

What is your favorite thing to do outside?

Swing

What is your favorite drink?

Root Beer 

What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas

What do you like to take to bed with you at night?

Nothing- sometimes my sleeping mask.

What do you want for dinner on your birthday?

Chicken

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I just want to have a good life, I am scared of being a grown up.  

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...