Wednesday, October 28, 2015
What I Wore Wednesdays
My fashion is based off of two things- trying to copy The Modest Mom and buying pieces from Every Day Savvy. I flip back and forth between these two styles. With The Modest Mom look it makes me feel like I am putting on my homeschool/homemaking mom uniform. I know it is a little silly but it makes me feel purposeful and intentional. When I try to be trendy (depending on the outfit) I often feel a mix of awkward and grown up. If I had my way I would just dress in sweats and sweat shirts pretty much all the time, but I make the effort for my husband and those around me. I am obeying what God has commanded- to do all things for His glory, submit to my husband, and work my body in self-discipline. I do think clothes can help make or break your day. If you dress sloppy and lazy your are going to have a sloppy, lazy day. If you put a little thought and effort into it then your day has effort and purpose to it.
This outfit is a Modest Mom inspired outfit. My body doesn't "wear" this style well. I am overweight so long skirts make me look bigger- another thing to continually work on. I can't change that I am also very short (4'11) so longer skirts cause me to look even shorter. It is a challenge to find the right skirt length. This particular skirt is way too long but it was free from the clothing closet. The shirt is a cute pink polka dot one from Value Village. The cardigan is actually from a spring collection from Every Day Savvy from Target. The black boots you can't see were from KMart. The head band is either from the Dollar Store or Claires. Didn't turn out too bad- I love the fall leaves in the background! Ariana took a pretty good picture! I hope you have a wonderful day and find a style that glorifies God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Mother's Day was the 12th. I am plum tuckered out. We spent Saturday doing more things than we usually do in an entire month, I think...
No comments:
Post a Comment