Thursday, December 21, 2017

Advent Day 13- Invitation (to the Manager and to Star Wars- apparently)

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." -Darth Vader


So this Star Wars thing is a big deal?  Okay, okay, I KNOW it is a big deal especially with my husband.  It is fun times.  We went to see the movie on my birthday (12/16) so I am bit behind on the pictures. I do like Star Wars just wasn't feeling it as much as 2 years ago probably because of all the illness at home (it wasn't just me who was coughing).  Also I think other moms and bloggers or just creative types who don't have a whole lot of resources might have these grand ideas of how things will play out and their imagination does not end up fitting the reality- totally me.  I wanted to maybe write a review, do my hair all Princess Leia like, and maybe make some Star Wars cookies or give some Star Wars related gifts to my kids and husband.  Nope!  Woke up at 5 am to my 8 year old crying and saying she hadn't been able to fall asleep since 1am because the pressure of her cold had spread to her ears.  It was a little panicky for me as we had already had plans but we happened to have the right medicine and she was able to get a little more sleep before we had to leave around 9:30 or 10:00.  I didn't even remember to wear my Death Star earrings or my Tie Fighter ring.  I will party on and my faith will be strong even when expectations don't get met- not even the tiny ones.  

 

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...