Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Favorite Movies

Day #28 of the Happiness Challenge: Watch your favorite movie

I have been working on this entry for a long time!  When the Happiness Challenge suggested that I watch my favorite movie I knew the main challenge for me was how I was going to narrow it down.  How was I suppose to pick my favorite movie?  Like I do most things when I can't make up my mind- random number generator.  But I had to write down what my most favorite movies are and I could probably spend a whole year hashing out this list.  But I did my best and I have to say it didn't turn out too bad.  Some of the movies could cross categories but in an effort to put in my most favorites I did it the way I did.  There are movie series such as Harry Potter,that belong together and in my mind and on this list I couldn't separate them- so the got there own category.  This is not a definitive list as there are always new movies coming out and I might have forget a movie that I really enjoyed (it happens).  Any way, it was fun trying to narrow it all down- enjoy!

Trying to decide the favorite movie to watch is the tough part!  So I am going to write it out.  Here is my line up.



Top Ten Favorite Disney/Pixar Movies
1.  Up
2.  Inside Out
3.  Tangled
4.  Beauty and the Beast
5.  Aladdin
6.  Frozen
7.  Mulan
8.  Brave
9.  Moana
10. The Emperor's New Groove




Top Ten Family Movies (non animated)
1.  Princess Diaries
2.  Hook
3.  National Treasure
4.  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)
5.  Enchanted
6.  George of the Jungle
7.  The Jungle Book (the one they use to show on Disney channel, it would have been around 1995)
8.  Remember the Titans
9.  Galaxy Quest
10. Ella Enchanted
It is mostly animated but I want to squeeze The Lego Movie in here somewhere. 


Top Ten Favorite Comedies
1.  Zoolander 
2.  Meet the Parents
3.  Groundhog Day
4.  National Lampoon Family Vacation
5.  Napoleon Dynamite
6.  Liar Liar
7.  Office Space
8.  Zombieland 
9.  The Hangover
10. Men in Black


Top Ten Period Movies
1.  Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea- It is just one really long movie to me!
2.  A Little Princess
3.  Pride and Prejudice (I love both- there I said it.  Don't make me choose!  You can't make me.)

4.  Little Women
5.  Sense and Sensibility 
6.  The Young Victoria
7.  Ever After
8.  An Education 
9.  Wuthering Heights 
10. The Patriot
I am squeezing in the Knight's Tale.  It just needs to be here somewhere.



Top Ten Action/Sci-fi/Fantasy Movies (I don't watch many of these types of movies that aren't attached together with a series so I clumped them all together)
1.  Wonder Woman
2.  Die Hard
3.  The Martian
4.  Pan's Labyrinth
5.  Independence Day
6.  Air Force One
7.  The Book of Eli
8.  Aeon Flux 
9.  Armageddon
10. The Fugitive




Top Ten Chick Flicks
1.  13 Going on 30
2.  The Wedding Singer
3.  Miss Congeniality
4.  Music and Lyrics
5.  Notting Hill
6.  50 First Dates
7.  Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
8.  Two Weeks Notice
9.  10 Things I Hate About You
10.  Date Night



Top Ten Drama Movies
1.  Life is Beautiful
2.  Slumdog Millionaire
3.  Inglorious Bastards
4.  Les Miserables (the old one not the musical)
5.  12 Years a Slave
6.  The Count of Monte Cristo
7.  Leon: The Professional
8.  Little Miss Sunshine
9.  Forrest Gump
10. The Help



Top 10 Musicals
1.  The Sound of Music
2.  The Kind and I
3.  Bride and Prejudice 
4.  My Fair Lady
5.  West Side Story
6.  The Wizard of Oz
7.  Mama Mia!
8.  Oliver! or Annie (I can't decide between the orphans!)
9.  Singing in the Rain
10.  High School Musical (I can't remember which are which but I remember really liking them)






My 10 Favorite Movie franchises-  that Beg for a Marathon


Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
Star Wars
X-Men
Marvel (there are so many I would narrow it down to these seven:  Thor, Marvel's The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Thor Ragnorak)
Back to the Future
Toy Story
Oceans 11, 12, 13 (and even though it isn't out yet Oceans 8 will be awesome I am sure!)
Hunger Games
The Chronicles of Narnia


So after all that what did I end up watching...................


Opps- you can't see it....








I love this movie.  It came at a time in my life when I was probably a little depressed and bored.  It put my own life into perspective and it just gives me the feels.  Don't we all want someone to pursue us the way Jamal did for Latika?  Plus I just love the music.  I usually put it on while I am running.  I don't usually watch the Academy Awards but the year this one won 8 Oscars I was genuinely intrigued.  I don't actually own this movie but I have the soundtrack.  Side note- I also think my Dev Patel looks like my brother.  Which also reminds me- I loved the movie Lion starring Dev Patel as well.  I cried buckets!  My husband would probably also like me to mention that the first time I watched this movie without him first even though he got it from the library so we could watch it together- oops!  I gladly watched it twice!.
 

Also I did Day # 31 of the Happiness Challenge- treat yourself to something sweet.  I picked up some Reese's Pieces (probably one of the best movie candies there is) and a Kombucha.  Since this is a movie that takes place in India I also had some leftover Dalma.  It was a great day







What is your favorite movie?  What is your favorite sweet treat? 


No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...