Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Places to Visit

In an effort to write more often I am just going to do it even if it doesn't make much sense.  But I need some help with prompts so after looking up on pinterest and google I found this so it should be helpful for now as I type away.

Let me start with the places I have visited first so we can have some context as to places I have NOT visited.  I have visited a few places.  Some more notable than others.  Some places I have actually lived in and some places I only know because my parents told me about it.  I have visited Australia, Mexico, Hawaii, Nevada, California, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Canada, Disneyland, Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Crater Lake.  I have been through a few places in Europe but only as a baby so I don't think those count.  As I type all of this I am pretty sure I have not forgotten anything.  I am in danger of playing the comparison game, but I know this isn't a LOT of places, but I also like to think it is a good amount.  I am sure there are people who never really get to go any where and there are people who choose or have the ability and means to go wherever they want and take it.  With only a few minor exceptions most of theses places were visited because of my parents.  As a grownup I haven't been brave enough nor saved enough to venture out on my own.

Now in a world where anything is possible there are three places I would like to visit before I die.  England, Italy, and Israel are those places.  I honestly don't think much about touring through America though that seems more logical.  I am much more interested in literature, food, and religion.  I feel strongly and fiercely connected to these countries because of how important those three things are to me.



England- because Harry Potter and Jane Austen- duh!  There is no other place in the world that holds the richness of literature, culture, and manners.


Italy- because it is my birth place, home of the Pope, and the best food on the planet.  I don't have to eat all the food in the world to know that the best food and drink has got to be in Italy.

 
Israel- because Jesus chose this nation for a reason and I want to walk where He walked.  Middle Eastern culture is such a mystery to me and I would love an eye opening experience.

I don't want to say I will never be able to go to these places but I want to be realistic too.  I know I am lazy and I know the effort and work it would take to get to these places.  But for now just let me dream that I will win a million dollars.

A more realistic dream right now is going to The Wizarding World in Hollywood and even that is going to be tough but this one I am willing to work for and know it is achievable.

These are the places I want to visit.  Where do you want to visit?  Where have you visited? 

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...