"We all are human, we all have weaknesses, and throughout this, just being able to share that and be transparent--I know when I listen to people speak and they share their weaknesses, I'm listening." -Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback
| What I'm Praying For |
" 'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding." -Alice Walker
| Discipline |
"Meaning well is only half our duty." -Samuel Gridley Howe, Abolutionist
| Giving |
"The God of all grace who called you to eternal glory through Christ will restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little." - I Peter 5:10
| Wisdom |
"For Jesus, there are no countries to be conquered, no ideologies to be imposed, no people to be dominated. There are only children, women, and men to be loved." -Henri Nouwen
| Mentor |
"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." -Lena Horne, singer and actress
| Bowl |
"This is the choice before us: either try to revolutionize the world and break under it or revolutionize ourselves and remake the world." -Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
| Volunteering |
"The simplest things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them." -Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
| Family Time |
"No one has ever become poor by giving." -Anne Frank
| Recharge |
"If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?" -Tina Fey
| Learning |
"A saint is a sinner who keeps trying." -St. Josemaria Escriva
| Favorite Saint |
"The point is not to pay back kindness, but to pass it on." -Julia Alvarez, author and poet
| #Blessed |
"You better cut the pizza into four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." -Yogi Berra
| Stations of the Cross |
"And as it turns out, if one person is praying for you, buckle up. Things can happen." -Anne Lamott, "Help, Thanks, Wow"
| Luck |
"Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived." -Shane Claiborne, author and activist
| Rest |
"I was amazed that what I needed to survive could be carried on my back. And, most surprising of all, that I could carry it." -Cheryl Strayed, Wild
| Practice |
"As for ourselves, yes, we must be meek, bear injustice, malice, rash judgement. We must turn the other cheek, give up our cloak, go a second mile." -Dorothy Day
| Spring |
"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread." -Mahatma Gandhi
| Good Samaritan |
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like." -Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring
| #LastYearsLent |
"All of our lives are important, even the parts of our past that we have ignored, downplayed, or forgotten. If we open the door to our past, we will discover God there, accompanying us in both happy and sad moments." -Fr. James Martin, Jesus: A Pilgramage
| Kitchen |
"Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world." -Brene Brown
| Act of Service |
"The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen." -Rachel Naomi Remen, author
| Palms |
"The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays." -Soren Kierkegaard
| Personal Note |
"Let us carry our crosses with love. Let us see that they do not become a burden to others. But let us help others to carry theirs." -St. John Bosco
| Neighbor |
"Fasting is the first principle of medicine; fast and see the strength of the spirit reveal itself." -Rumi
| Reflection |
"The only way we can make a change is if we commit to change." -Whoopi Goldberg
| Wash |
"It is not the finest wood that feeds the fire of Divine love, but the wood of the Cross." -St. Ignatius of Loyola
No comments:
Post a Comment