Thursday, May 2, 2013
Day 2 of Love Your Greens
It is late so this will be short post. Since it was nearly 80 degrees out in Oregon today we had our smoothie in the sunshine. It was a Sweet Kale smoothie. It was our first experience with kale. I was really not sure about this one because I have been told it is very bitter, but I took the advice from many on Facebook to freeze it first. We blended about 2 handfuls of kale with apple juice and water. I had already frozen an apple and added that because the recipe called for more apple juice than I had. And then blended 3 bananas. It was enough for one meal replacement size for me and split with the other 3 girls. We liked it very much. It was very sweet- maybe next time less banana and maybe try a tart apple. The blender had a tough time with so many bananas and the kale wasn't quite as mashed up as I would have liked, but still we were able to suck it all through a straw.
Weight: 146 BMI- 28
How do I feel? I love drinking the smoothies. I am still very excited about it. I got to tell my mother-in-law today and of course she is very supportive. With all this extra fiber I have to be honest that I am feeling a little gassy, but that is no reason to quit- so watch out people. Hopefully my body will adjust. I feel a little more energetic, but that is hard to judge because it has only been 2 days.
See you tomorrow with another update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Guess who is coming to visit today? My mother-in-law. And guess whose house is an absolute mess? Mine. Yup, I feel great...that is sarc...
No comments:
Post a Comment