Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Day 8 Love Your Greens
A big dose of honest- I do NOT want to weigh myself today and I am not going to. I had a little bit of a set back today. I didn't binge on carbs and sweets but I know I over did it in the fatty meats department. I was cooking a pork roast today and the crunchy fatty bits said, "Eat us! We are deee-lii-cious!" It was torture. I was so hungry. The roast took 4 hours to cook. I ate the fatty bits. They were good, but now I regret it and feel yucky. It is time to start the ab challenge along with the greens challenge. When there are days like this when I don't even feel like this is my body, I need a change.
I ran across this today on Facebook. I think it could be something I could do that would not require my medication. I will let you know how this goes too.
Well update on the original challenge- The novelty of making smoothies has worn off for Ariana. She didn't want to help make one today even though Hermione wasn't here to hog up all the helping- not that she does but sometimes there are fights. But Ariana did drink this one and it was a pretty neon green color a lot like the first one we made. I have been waiting to try this particular smoothie after I saw it posted on Unconventional Kitchen. It is called Pineapple Bliss- 1 cup of water, 1 cup of coconut milk (my first time with this ingredient!), spinach, 1/2 cup of pineapple, frozen pear pieces (hoping for at least 2 small pears worth), and 1 banana. Even though this one had banana I could barely taste it. It was yum and I had 2 because- surprise, surprise- my husband asked for one for lunch! We will get some greens in his diet yet! I also made extra for Hermione as a snack for after school. I still love making and preparing the smoothies even if one of kids doesn't show interest. But now I am out of pineapple. I hate making special trips just for one item but I want to do this challenge right so I will probably be off to the store tomorrow trying to find a pineapple and dandelion leaves (we were challenged to add those- I could probably get them at Lifesource but that is downtown, hum, the only other options are Safeway and Roth's- let the hunt begin!).
Well after all that greasy meat I need a shower and a good show to unwind my day and maybe some crunches, though I think I would feel better if I started that tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End the Chapter
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed. We are at the end of the chapter. We...
-
Scripture- Colossians 3:17- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the LORD Jesus, giving thanks to God th...
-
Guess who is coming to visit today? My mother-in-law. And guess whose house is an absolute mess? Mine. Yup, I feel great...that is sarc...

1 comment:
Ooh, you just can't beat a nice bit of pork crackling, can you? However, the way I see it is, if we're good most of the time, we don't have to feel guilty about the odd treat here and there. And if that means a once-in-a-while binge of roast pork and crackling, then so be it! Don't beat yourself up over it.
I treated myself to a few rounds of "Gypsy toast" for lunch (bread soaked in egg and milk, then fried till crisp and golden). I feel not in the slightest guilty, as more often than not, I eat a healthy diet of fresh produce, white meat, oily fish, etc - everything I'm supposed to. And with the addition of the green smoothies, I feel extra virtuous, so an occasional treat ain't gonna derail us. ;)
Post a Comment