Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 6 Love Your Greens


Weight- 148 (yikes! I think I am eating too many fatty nuts from all the granola) BMI- 28.9

Well the weight is not so encouraging.  I better get up and try some Pilates tomorrow.  I am feeling pretty tired from a 3:30am emergency last night.  Don't worry!  Everyone is okay.  I just don't function well on too little sleep. 

Today was also a fail.  Someone did not want to try the smoothie today.  It was the 3 year old.  She was turned off by the color.  This was my first "green" smoothie that was more of a brown muddy color.  I forgot to warn her that the berries would turn the smoothie very dark- almost black.  The recipe for today: the Berrylicious Smoothie or Berry Green Smoothie- water, mix of kale and spinach, 2 big handfuls of raspberries, 3 big handfuls of strawberry slices, 2 bananas, and 1/2 cup of sprouted cashews.  This was the first time I sprouted something.  Which in this case was just soaking nuts overnight.  They blended much better than the last time.  Hermione was almost put off by the color so I let her taste it before pouring it.  She said, "Yum, tastes like bananas."  Baby Lucy loved it.  She seems to love anything through a straw.  Since Ariana would not touch it I was able to give my husband his own.  Hermione took a picture of him.  Will get it up soon.  I thought it was very good.  I did taste the tart raspberries even though many of these recipes have tasted like banana.  Bananas are strong.  It has taken me a long time to even tolerate bananas.  I am hoping that the nutrients I am receiving from them will really help my body in the long run.

I am running really low on ingredients so to the store I go tomorrow especially for lime.  I do enjoy the limes.  I pray that I can keep this week's budget under $100.   

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...