Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Advent Day 10

"There's something about a Christmas sweater that will always make me laugh." -Kristen Wiig

I am not a big Kristen Wiiig fan but here I have to agree.  Christmas sweaters are so funny- and I love them.  I am slowly seeing if I can get one for each of the 12 days of Christmas or the 25 days of Advent/Christmas.  They really do brighten my day and make me smile all through the holidays.  So far I have collected 4 of them and I usually don't even have to pay for them- I find them in pretty regular rotations at free clothing closets.  Maybe sometime this year I can make my kids all wear them and take a picture.  It could be pretty cute.  
Merry Christmas!
 
Oh Look!  Happy Saint Nicolas Day!

On top of this being Saint Nicolas Day it is also my youngest's birthday!  She is 5.  She is SO not a baby any more.  I am still going to call her my baby for a long time though.  My camera went weird and her cake looks like it is on fire.  I tried to edit it but it didn't make much of a difference and it is getting late.  But she is still such a cutie!  

5th Birthday

Pinkie!!

Fun with Friends!

She loves foxes!

Tonight for Advent we challenged each other to see how much water we could squeeze out of a washcloth and then I asked, "Can you squeeze water from a rock?"  "No."  "But God did it for the Israelites."  Thank you, God for demonstrating Your power and provision.  

Scripture

Squeeze out the water!

Can you squeeze water from the rock?

I asked her what her most memorable Christmas gift has been- apparently this pig mug ranks up there.  She is easy to please. 



No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...