"Change comes from listening, learning, caring and conversation." -Gwen Ifill
It is always a good time to look at the world through caring and understanding eyes, but even more so at Christmas when almost everyone feels a little extra stressed out because they forgot to buy that ONE present or there just isn't enough in the budget for that thing our family wants to do or maybe feeling alone even though they are surrounded by friends and family. I hope you and I can find it in our hearts to listen and be able to sympathize with others this holiday season.
Tonight we light the second Advent candle in the midst of a not done decorating and messy and loved house. It will be clean by Tuesday as if my life depends on it. I certainly love this season but the extra mess can take its toll on my sanity.
We talked about traditions as well. Hermione said her favorite tradition is spending time with family. Ariana and Lucy said their favorite tradition is game nights- which I found odd because I haven't seen them play many games with us but I think they just like it when the adults play games because they don't get told off as much- hahaha! My personal favorite tradition is celebrating Advent by lighting the candles and the devotionals and it all coming together on Christmas Eve- going to church and reflecting on the birth of our Savior. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
| The traditional decorating of the Christmas tree |
No comments:
Post a Comment