Monday, March 21, 2022

Rest and the First Day of Spring

 "The important thing is to do charity, not to talk about charity.  We must understand the work with very poor people as God's chosen mission." -Sister Irma Dulce

Thank God for Spring Break- we have already had much needed rest although I haven't done much cleaning.  I also went for a beautiful spring walk and was greeted by rain as well as sunshine and all manners of daffodils and grape hyacinth.  It has me longing for the colors of my own garden knowing that that may be months down the road provided we have the funds.  I will start praying for that right now.  

 "Fasting is identifying with Christ in his suffering." -Asheritah Ciuciu, author

 

This Sunday was the first day of spring and I celebrated by planning our spring break week.  As always being conscience of budget constraints I went through all of our gift cards and had the girls pick at random from a bucket for where we would most likely be able to eat and what we could do.  I am getting very nervous because our car is acting up a bit and I still have not been contacted as to our eligibility for food stamps.  I turned in our application nearly a week ago now and usually I hear back by then.  Here is where I continue to pray and trust God in all circumstances.  If things go as planned it should be fun and meaningful.  But even if things don't go as planned I pray for grace and understanding and that God will give me the creativity to make some memories. 

No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...