Thursday, December 13, 2018

Advent Day 11- Seasonal Treats

"Preparation, I have often said, is rightly two-thirds of any venture." -Amelia Earhart


Christmas is a great time to indulge.  I have been trying to keep it simple, but I have been trying to eat a good breakfast at the very least.  I didn't make anything fancy and I don't have baking day planned, but my husband bought some really delicious Christmas chocolates as gifts for some helpers.  The most important thing for me today was to get the kitchen clean which I actually completed.  It just seemed like an impossible task after all the partying and cooking breakfast every morning.  I am not the regular cleaning type and can be quite lazy much of the time so I am proud of myself.  I rewarded myself by celebrating my own personal Saint Lucia's Day Feast with Swedish pancakes and a Saint Lucy bun and a cup of strong coffee.  


I got some star cookies for the girls to come home to even if they aren't from scratch I am glad to kick start my birthday/anniversary week!  


No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...