"Mark the season of Advent by loving and serving others with God's own love and concern." -St. Teresa of Calcutta
We don't usually have a regular Advent Calendar with the little chocolates or doors but we do have this snowman who helps us keep track. So far he has made it through all our family Christmases and I don't even remember where he came from but we are so glad he hasn't torn or gotten excessively dirty which seems to happen to all our ornaments or decorations.
I did decide to try and pair our Advent theme this year with some simple ornaments to put on a little tree before we put up our Christmas tree. I still haven't found all the spare hooks but I am sure they will turn up and if they don't to the Dollar Tree I go. I have attempted a Jesse Tree in the past but for whatever reason it hasn't really worked out even though I am sure I have made the ornaments and I am waiting to see if those will show up while I am cleaning and searching through the Christmas boxes- you can see how organized I am- hahahaha!
We have just started so we haven't actually completed a project yet but we have the prompts ready for the week. I am not expecting some revelation of love and goodwill between my girls- in fact I am expecting grumbling and complaining but maybe I will be surprised. I will try go keep you posted as to what will happen with these if any thing. I might forget- that would be the most likely scenario.
Any way, we try right? I am glad to have this extra time to sleep in today and "try" to put my kitchen back together. Happy Adventide!
No comments:
Post a Comment