Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Advent Day 3- My Prayer

"Well I know I had it all on the line
But don't just sit with folded hands and become blind
'Cause even when there is no star in sight
You'll always be my only guiding light."
-Mumford & Sons, "Guiding Light"


Dear Lord Jesus Christ,

You have given us Yourself.  You are our guiding light.  When I am stressed because I have had my expectations dashed, let me look to the light.  When I reach the bottom of my bank account, let me look to the light.  When the dark night of winter closes in around me, let me look to the light.  When fear of illness rears its ugly head, let me look to the light.  This is my simple prayer for this Advent season.  I pray for the worry, fear, and stress to be burned away by the light of the candle and the salvation You bring because You are the light of the world.  

Amen


We are about to entering the biggest hump before rushing down the hill toward Christmas.  I already had about 3 freak outs- you can ask my husband.  There are lots of reasons the Christmas season doesn't bring out my best, but Advent is the time I cling to get to through the rough time.  I keep letting stupid things get to me: will they like this gift? why don't we have enough money? did I waste money?  why does everything get lost or broken?  It just all rambles and rattles inside of my head until I am weary.  So I sit here.  I take a deep breathe and pray.  I give these feelings to someone who can handle them.  I hope you don't have to do that.  You are probably much more organized and on top of things than I am.  But in case your not- then I encourage you to pray. 



No comments:

End the Chapter

  Dear Reader, I don't think I have ever been more angry, embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.  We are at the end of the chapter.  We...