"Optimism and hope are radically different attitudes. Optimism is the expectation that things-- the weather, human relationship, the economy, the political situation, and so on--will get better. Hope is trust that God will fulfill God's promises to us in a way that leads us to true freedom." -Henri Nouwen
Advent- that precious time of waiting in expectation. It has arrived and I am in such need of this stillness, this patience, and especially the first week of hope. I may not always have everything planned and ready to go. I may still bug out and go into temporary shock when I see how much money we spend during this season, but I have the Advent candles waiting for me at the end of the day. It is the most calming and reflective feeling to gather around the table, light the candle, and just open the Word.
This year our Advent focus is Knowing Him by Name and it will be beautiful. I am looking forward to talks and coloring with the girls. The devotional also gives us some prompts on how to serve during Advent. I can't wait to share with all of you how the journey will culminate.
I pray you too will have a wonderful Advent season. I promise I wouldn't try to over do it and I will try my super hard to stay healthy this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment